Thursday 22 November 2012

My Take Time : Silkygirl Blockbuster Color Palette Review

hey beauties !!!
I have always been a fan of Silkygirl products and have raved about many of their products. See my review on Silkygirl Moisture Smooth Lipstick hereSilkygirl Gloss-On Lipcolor here, Silkygirl funky eyelights pencil here, Silkygirl Duo Eyeshadow here, Silkygirl Big Eye Collagen Mascara here, Silkygirl Eye Love Handbag Eyeshadow Trio here  and tons of makeup looks using Silkygirl products.
Today I am going to give my views on Silkygirl Blockbuster Color Palettes. I don't own all the shades, so I will be swatching the shades I have. I had these quads from more than an year and I have been using it in many of my makeup look. But I donno why I forgot to review it. So finally today is the day !!!

PACKAGING, PRICE and AVAILABILITY



  • Comes with a decent packaging.
  • A transparent lid and an informative back which gives a guide how to use the shades.
  • Comes with a dual end sponge applicator. Mine lost :P
  • Retails for RM23.90 but its always in offer.
  • Available at all drugstores.
SWATCH TIME




Silkygirl Blockbuster Color Palette in BARE CLASSICS


Silkygirl Blockbuster Color Palette in URBAN MOOD


Silkygirl Blockbuster Color Palette in SIMPLY PASTEL

MY VERDICT
After using it for over an year, I can say......
  • Its highly pigmented
  • Very smooth and glides on easily
  • Creamy Texture
  • Easy to blend
  • Shades complement each other perfectly
  • Each quad gives a complete eye make up look
  • Compact casing makes it easy to travel with
  • Gorgeous shades and finish
  • Have a decent  stay on power with primer
  • Comes in a wide range of shades starting from subtle to funky, matte to shimmer.
  • Easily available locally (Watsons, Guardian,etc...)
  • Cheap :) hehehe
It is definitely a CATCH IT for me.I am loving it.

Hope my post is helpful for you guys.
Do share your views about this product and do suggest me your favourite shade.


5 comments:

  1. Quite a collection you have there, swatches are yum :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Marib...bdw I loved your recent FOTD post... post more FOTDs :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Arpita...like you I too am from india n moved jus recently to KL since hubby dear is currently posted here..i too am a big makeup junkie..browsing your blog since an hour almost..came here looking out for reviews of silkygirl n elianto which i found quite cheap here..i m looking out for a decent mascara since my loreal one currently is gonna get over soon..cud you suggest a good one? also wud love to interact with u on email..if u dont mind :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Parita...lovely seeing your message here...Welcome to KL :) You surely gonna love it here !!! Now for mascara, I prefer drugstore brands. Maybelline make awesome mascaras. You can try anyone from Maybelline. Also can try Big Eye Collagen Mascara from Silkygirl... I have reviewed it too...can check.... Hope its helpful...Have a lovely day :)

      Delete
    2. and ya here's my email id : arpita.fb@gmail.com Would love to get in touch with a fellow Indian blogger !!!

      Delete

Thanks for Visiting my blog !!!
Your Suggestions, Views and Queries are always welcome <3